URETHANE FINISHED FLOORS
1. Vacuum, dry mop or sweep to remove any loose dirt or grit. The best method of removing dirt and grit is vacuuming with a soft brush attachment on your vacuum. If using the Bona Micro fiber mop to dry mop, remove any loose dirt or grit after dry-mopping by rinsing with water and wringing out the mop pad prior to cleaning floor with Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner.
2. Lightly mist a 4' x 6' area of your floor or directly mist the cleaning pad with Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner.
3. Using a slightly dampened, well wrung-out Bona Micro fiber cleaning pad, thoroughly clean the floor surface using your Bona Micro fiber mop. Finish one area before moving on to the next. When your mop pad becomes soiled, rinse with water, thoroughly wring out the pad and continue cleaning with Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner. When the mop pad becomes excessively soiled, launder and replace with another clean mop pad. Continued use of excessively soiled pads may cause streaking.
WAX FINISHED FLOORS
1. Vacuum, dry mop or sweep to remove any loose dirt or grit. The best method of removing dirt and grit is vacuuming with a soft brush attachment on your vacuum or dry mopping with a terry cloth pad mop. Never use water based cleaner on a wax floor. Once dirt and dust have been removed, the luster may be restored by buffing. Apply additional wax only in heavy traffic areas, if needed. Caution, do not over apply wax. Spills must be wiped up immediately with a lightly water dampened cloth and then hand buffed dry.
2. To remove white spots caused by water spills, use fine steel wool and a small amount of mineral spirits, and rub gently in a circular motion until spot is gone. Apply additional wax to the area and buff.
3. Once wax, in any form, has been applied to a wood floor, only wax can be used as a finish on the floor. Urethane or other surface finished products cannot be applied over an existing wax finish.
EUROPEAN OIL FINISHED FLOORS
1. Vacuum, dry mop or sweep to remove any loose dirt or grit. The best method of removing dirt and grit is vacuuming with a soft brush attachment on your vacuum or dry mopping with a terry cloth pad mop.
2. Pour ¼ cup of Natural Cleaner (matte appearance) or ½ cup Satin Cleaner (satin appearance) into a bucket of cold water. For cleaning products please call us at 561-833-5720.
3. Dampen a terry cloth pad mop with cleaner mixture and clean a portion of the floor. Rinse the pad with clean water and wring out. Repeat routine until floor is clean.
4. Always use a damp mop and never a wet mop. Never leave any water on the floor. Allow the floor 15 minutes to dry.
5. To spot clean, spray Natural or Satin Cleaner spray directly onto the surface and spread evenly with a cloth. Allow the area 90 minutes to dry.
CLEANING & PREVENTITIVE MAINTENANCE
1. Most finish manufacturers DO NOT suggest wet mopping.
2. Never use household DUST TREATMENTS.
3. Always use manufacturers recommended cleaning products or a hardwood floor cleaner recommended from Absolute hardwood Flooring.
4. NEVER use wax over urethane finished surfaces. Never use any other surface finished products over wax once wax has been applied.
5. Wipe spills immediately with soft lightly damp cloth, following up with cleaning solution and/or a dry soft cloth.
6. Never use petroleum-based floor cleaners for water based finishes.
7. For stubborn stains use floor cleaner on a soft cloth directly on stain, wiping with the grain.
8. When the floor loses its shine/luster, it's time to recoat. Screening (light sanding is required) applies a compatible finish of the desired luster shine level you prefer. High gloss will show wear area faster, as satin tends to give a waxed look.